A translation of Everdon is Boars hill. So called because 80 acres of Everdon stubbs used to be the grazing ground for wild boar.
In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Everdon like this:
EVERDON , a parish in Daventry district, Northampton; on a head-stream of the river Nen, 3 miles WSW of Weedon r. station, and 4 SSE of Daventry. It consists of Great Everdon and Little Everdon; and includes the hamlet of Snorscomb. Post town, Weedon. Acres, 1, 900. Real property, £5, 485. Pop., 740. Houses, 179. The property is subdivided. The manor belonged once to Bernay abbey in Normandy; and was given, in the time of Henry VI., to Eton College. Everdon Hall is the seat of the Philpots. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Peterborough. Value, £465.* Patron, Eton College. The church is partly decorated English. There are an Independent chapel, and charities £71.